Pennington NJ CDS Distribution Lawyer
Charged With Distributing or Selling Drugs in Pennington New Jersey
Several months ago,10 people from Mercer County and the surrounding area were arrested in connection with a drug trafficking organization that is said to have distributed hundreds of grams of heroin and other controlled dangerous substance in Mercer County, including municipalities like Pennington New Jersey. In addition to conspiracy, the participants were charged with the core crime of distribution of a controlled dangerous substance (CDS). Drug distribution charges are very serious and require representation by a skilled drug distribution lawyer. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall are accomplished criminal attorneys with several former prosecutors among their ranks. They also possess over a century of combined experience defending charges for selling distributing or possession within intent to distribute heroin, cocaine, MDMA, LSD, marijuan, Xanax, Adderall and other drugs. Call us at 609-683-8102 for an initial consultation with one of our lawyers with no cost to you. An attorney is available to speak with you or to set up an in-person appointment in our Princeton Office.
CDS Distribution in Pennington
What is considered a CDS? A controlled dangerous substance (“CDS”) includes:
• Cocaine and Crack
• Hashish and has oil
• Prescription Drugs like Adderall, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Percocet, Vicodin & Xanax
There are actually several laws that come into play when someone is arrested and charged with distributing, selling or possession with intent to distribute CDS/drugs in Pennington. The statutes include:
• N.J.S.A. 2C:35-5 makes it is illegal to purposefully “manufacture, distribute, or dispense” a CDS, or to “possess . . . with the intent to manufacture, distribute, or dispense,” a CDS or counterfeit CDS.
• N.J.S.A. 2C:35-7 makes it is illegal to distribute CDS within 1000 feet of school property or a school bus (a.k.a. distribution in a school zone).
• N.J.S.A. 2C:35-7.1 makes it is illegal to distribute CDS within 500 feet of a public housing facility, a public park, or a public building (a.k.a. distribution in a public park or housing project).
What are the possible penalties sentences for CDS distribution? The degree of offense depends on the amount and type of CDS in your case with the possibility of a first degree, second degree, third degree or fourth degree crime depending on the type and amount of drugs that you allegedly sold or possessed with intent to distribute. The break-down of the grading is as follows:
• Distribution of 5 or more ounces of cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine or MDMA, 25 pounds or more of marijuana, or over 100 milligrams of LSD, is a first degree crime under 2C:35-5. First degree drug distribution carries penalties such as 10 to 20 years in prison and up to $500,000 in fines.
• Distributing between ½ and 5 ounces of cocaine, MDMA, methamphetamine or heroin is a second degree crime. The penalties for this grade of possession with intent includes 5 to 10 years in prison and up to $150,000 in fines.
• Selling, distributing or possession with intent to distribute less than one-half ounce of heroin, cocaine, Molly, Ecstasy, or methamphetamine, at least 5 but less than 100 dosage units of a prescription drug or at least an ounce but less than 5 pounds of marijuana is a third degree crime. The penalties that can be imposed for variety of CDS distribution includes 3 to 5 years in prison .
Are there additional penalties? Yes. Your sentence for a drug distribution conviction will be increased if:
• You possessed a gun during the distribution offense.
• A death occurred as a result of CDS that you distributed.
• You distributed to a pregnant woman or a person under 18 years old.
Pennington Drug Distribution Attorney
There are few non-violent crimes more serious than CDS distribution. That is why you need the most experienced CDS distribution lawyers to help you. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall are capable of providing an aggressive defense strategy and zealously defending you in court with over a century practicing in the trenches throughout Mercer County. If you are facing a charge for selling, distributing or for possession with intent to distribute drugs in Pennington, we certainly have what it takes to fully protect you. Call 609-683-8102 for a free initial consultation with an attorney on our defense team anytime 24/7.
We serve clients throughout Mercer County, New Jersey — including Trenton, Hamilton, Princeton Borough, West Windsor, East Windsor, Lawrence Township, Robbinsville, Hightstown, Princeton Township, Ewing and Hopewell — and surrounding areas, including Hunterdon County and Burlington County.